Friday, July 12, 2013

Recycling Concrete Buildings?




Holy cow!  I've been clamoring for this process for several years - and being called crazy for it - but never dreamed we were this close.  The photo below depicts the new machine at work.  Here's a link to a more detailed ARTICLE.

I love love love what this guy is doing.  

The cost of the machine and the process is probably higher than the cost of smashing an existing concrete structure through brute force, but that's because it is a prototype / first generation technology.  I think the cost will plummet.  When the revenue from recycled concrete, aggregate and steel is taken into account the difference in costs will likely drop further.

The challenge, for advocates of BIM and IPD, will be to identify design / construction techniques that will enable this process, or variations, in the future.

ERO Concrete Recycling Robot, Omer Haciomeroglu, concrete recycling, demolition robot, building material recycling, concrete reuse, energy-efficient building demolition, waste-free demolition, rebar reuse 

This is what real sustainability entails.  The future is now!

Welcome to the Collaborative Revolution!

James L. Salmon, Esq.
Collaborative Construction
300 Pike Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Summary of Services and James L. Salmon's CV


Office 513-721-5672
Fax 513-562-4388
Cell 512-630-4446
JamesLSalmon@gmailcom


Collaborative Construction Website
No Silos Website















4 comments:

safety signs said...

I am satisfied with your blog. Your post is dear. Thanks for sharing your precious comprehension with me.

Design Build West Virginia said...

Yeah, I agree. If this machine is just a prototype then it just still open for new innovations to make it more effective and cheaper. I guess that is what innovation is all about.

Design Build West Virginia

carlito said...

Hi
Nice one! I like the outfit of the characters. Wish i could do the same thing too but im not that techie.i like the outfit of “from farmer to warden”.. really interesting.

Mel Dawn said...

When you need a epoxy coating company Northern California then give American Epoxy a call. They saved my life! I never told my husband what I did!