Below please find a Smart Built Culture Series launch brochure describing the Series. Readers who remember the IPD Round Table Series know the drill. Sponsors' employees and invited guests gather once a month for an interesting presentation, online discuss and a bit of Q&A. The conversation continues live in their own shop after the online conversation ends. The Series introduces novices - both internal personnel, clients, partners and potential clients - to critical innovations related to IPD and BIM, but also tackles issues of interest to experienced BIM and IPD advocates, including cultural barriers to the adoption and implementation of BIM and IPD and emerging business models and best practices.
The Series is designed to scale up or scale down depending on the level of interest in the built industry. If a number of corporate sponsors get on board the Series can be a global affair with live Smart Built Culture workshops hosted by those sponsors. But the Series will continue and the book, Smart Built Culture: Fixing Our Broke Built Culture will be written regardless of whether additional sponsors sign on. The goal of this post and the Kickstarter program is to see if the built industry can crowd source funding for the writing and publication of the book. If the Kickstarter program is success I can focus on writing the book and delivering the Smart Built Culture Series rather than filing lawsuits and litigating failed construction projects. So one big upside of getting behind the project is putting a lawyer on the sidelines for a while!
Current sponsors include Middlesex University out of London, Stuttgart University out of Germnay, Global e Training our of Calgary and the law firm of Benjamin Yocum and Heather in Cincinnati, Ohio. Collaborative Construction is actively negotiating with additional sponsors in Europe, Canada, the US and Australia.
Collaborative Construction has retained the intellectual property rights to the materials being produced for Middlesex and is in the process of creating a Smart Built Culture Course on the Global e Training's innovative learning platform. Series sponsors will gain access to those course materials.
Suttgart University out of Germany will host a BIM and IPD Seminar in July and will be a sponsor of the Smart Built Culture Series as well. Collaborative Construction is actively negotiating with a number of other universities about sponsorship opportunities. University sponsors typically provide meeting space for a seminar on campus and students at the university attend the seminar at no charge or at a substantially reduced cost. Local BIM and IPD champions speak at the seminars and James L. Salmon presents on the cultural and legal implications of BIM.
The Smart Built Culture Series events will track the chapters in the book, "Smart Built Culture$: Fixing Our Broken Built Culture". The link takes you to an earlier blog post which lays out the Table of Contents of the book. That post will be updated with links to the book's Amazon page and to individual chapters of the book as it comes online. For now I've simply posted the Table of Contents of the book so that readers of the blog as well as Participants in and Sponsors of the Smart Built Culture Series can visualize the scope and nature of the events planned for the Series and can see how closely the Series events will track the chapters in the book.
For ease of scheduling, online conversations will take place on Tuesdays, on the first, second or third week of the month at 9:00 a.m. EST. That equates to a 2:00 p.m. start time in most of Europe, a 6:00 a.m. start time on the west coast of the US - sorry about that! and a 9:00 p.m. start time - the next day - for Perth, Australia. We intend to study these start-times and they may be adjusted, depending on who signs up where.
- Defining (SMART)X Game Changers in the Built Environment - Offered 08/05/14
- Defining (BUILT)X Solutions for the Built Environment - Offered 08/19/14
- Defining (CULTURE$)X Impact on the Built Environment - Offered 09/02/14
- Smart Scalable Solutions to Vexing Problems- 09/16/14
- Meaningful and Manageable Metrics that Matter - 09/30/14
- Actionable, Accurate & Accountable: Ideas + Data + Leadership = Success - 10/14/14
- Relational, Repeatable & Reliable: Real Business Models - 10/28/14
- Transformational Legal Frameworks support Smart Built Cultures - 11/11/14
- (BIM)X Googlizes Everything in a Knowledge Economy - 12/02/14
- “Up the Stupid Tree” A Parable on Change - 12/16/14
- Is integrated (BIM)X the New Standard of Care? - 01/13/15
- Lean Tools and Processes in the Built Environment - 01/27/15
- Technology Today and Tomorrow in the Built Environment - 02/10/15
- Communication – Stone to Paper to Email to the Cloud - 02/24/15
- Useful Governance Mechanisms – US or French Revolution? - 03/10/15
- Leverage - Legal Frameworks that Enable (BIM)X and (IPD)X - 05/13/15
- Technologies – Paper & Stone; CAD & Steel; (BIM)X and Nanotech - 04/14/15
- Usurpers of Education – Empires, Religion and Industry - 04/28/15
- Religion in the Built Environment: Theological, Environmental & Political - 05/12/15
- Energy and Fuel – WW&W, Coal Oil & Gas, Nukes, Solar & Fusion - 05/26/15
- $ Finance as a Driver – Rulers, Owners, Lenders, Insurers & Sureties - 06/09/15
- Exploring (SMART)X Game Changers in the Built Environment - Offered 07/07/15
- Exploring (BUILT)X Solutions for the Built Environment - Offered 08/04/15
- Exploring (CULTURE$)X Impact on the Built Environment - Offered 09/08/15
Discounted access to Modules on GeT platform
* Series Partner
Online access for employees & invited guests to live & archived modules for 365 days
Above plus present regionally, nationally or globally + ½ day public workshop
Above plus a full day public workshop
Above plus 2 day public workshop
- Silver Partner: Above plus access to archived modules for above and internal training
- Gold Partner: Above plus access to archived modules for above and external training
- Platinum Partner: Above plus access to archived modules for above and marketing
- Travel costs and other expenses related to conducting workshops NOT included
- Public workshops at these reduced prices require a revenue sharing agreement
Welcome to the Collaborative Revolution!
James L. Salmon, Esq.
300 Pike Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Summary of Services and James L. Salmon's CV
Collaborative Construction Website
No Silos Website