Friday, June 13, 2014

June 20 Trip to Chicago




I'll be in Chicago next Friday for a series of events.  First, I will make a presentation regarding legal facing BIM and IPD at the Revit Technology Conference.  That conference is taking place at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel on 19 – 21 June 2014.  The presentation is based on the masters level course in BIM Strategy I'm teaching for Middlesex University out of London and it focuses on the cultural and legal implications of BIM and IPD.  The presentation is slotted as Session 8 on Friday, June 20, from 10:45 a.m. to 12:00 noon.

I will arrive at the Revit Technology Conference early on Friday and be there until around 1:30 or 2:00 p.m.  By around 2:00 p.m. I plan on heading to the city of Chicago for two additional events.  

First, I will be presenting at FitzGerald Architects' office at 912 W Lake Street , Chicago IL 60607 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.  Hosted by FitzGerald, that event will focus on the use of BIM and IPD to make clients and lenders comfortable with the metrics of a specific project.  I will share information related to two recent failed projects I was hired to consult on in San Antonio and Cincinnati.  After briefly analyzing what went wrong in each instance we will then open the floor to a Q&A related to better solutions.

Following that event I will participate in a membership drive for the BIM & IPD LinkedIn Group hosted by HOK at their downtown office located at 60 E Van Buren Street, Chicago IL 60605 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m..  There we will conduct a quick team building exercise based off Katy's Castle and will then open the floor to a general Q&A related to the scope and nature of IPD oriented projects in the market place.

The evening will wrap up over a few beers at the Plymouth Bar and Grill located at 327 S Plymouth Ct., Chicago, IL 60604.  Chicago area readers should feel free to respond to this email or reach out to me directly via my cell which is 512-630-4446.

If you live in the Chicago area and you can make it to any of the events listed look me up.  If not, no worries, we will try to connect another time.  Meanwhile, feel free to share a link to this blog post with your Chicago area colleagues and let me know if I can ever be of assistance to you or your company or clients. 

Welcome to the Collaborative Revolution!

James L. Salmon, Esq.
Collaborative Construction
300 Pike Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Summary of Services and James L. Salmon's CV


Office 513-721-5672
Fax 513-562-4388
Cell 512-630-4446
JamesLSalmon@gmailcom


Collaborative Construction Website
No Silos Website















No comments: